BRANZ is an independent research organisation that uses impartial evidence to improve New Zealand’s building system performance through research that drives behaviour change, industry-wide collaboration and commercial consulting work. More information on BRANZ can be found at www.branz.co.nz.
The Building Research Advisory Council (BRAC) consists of nominees of nationwide organisations in the building and construction sector. Five of a maximum of eight Directors of BRANZ are elected by the Council.
There is one Director role to be elected in 2020. The current person elected by BRAC is eligible for re-election.
Skills that are specifically sought to support or enhance the current Board make up are:
- Track record of governance of significant digital innovation
- Understanding of the dynamics of the research sector and strong research sector networks
- Looks to build capacity to deliver best value to customers
- Enhances existing diversity of the Board in a way that reflects BRANZ’s customer base
- Experience with significant system wide change initiatives
There are six Board meetings per annum, typically one day duration. Attendance is expected at the AGM, sub-committee meetings (currently four standing committees) and industry or BRANZ functions as appropriate. This is a remunerated position. Actual and reasonable out-of-pocket expenses are also paid.
An expression of interest, including your governance resume, can be made by emailing Jacob Smith-Jude of Propero at email@example.com. Enquiries can be made on +64 27 539 3909. Additional information on the role is available on request.
Expressions of interest close on close on Friday, 26 June 2020. All applications will be acknowledged via email.