There are 10 main steps to installing timber windows in direct-fixed bevel-back weatherboards.
WHILE NOT IN E2/AS1, this installation sequence for the sill of a timber window into a direct-fixed bevelback cladding system is relatively straightforward.
These are the key steps for an Alternative Solution:
- Turn the wall underlay into the rough opening. Remember to allow for the vertical packers at the jamb when setting out and site measuring for the windows.
- Fit a flexible flashing tape that is compatible with the wall underlay to the sill trimmer.
- Install the weatherboards.
- Fit the flashing support packer to the sill trimmer.
- Fit the vertical jamb packer where required.
- Insert the sill tray flashing across the full width, over tape and to jambs.
- Insert the window and install the air seals.
- Fit insulation (not shown for clarity).
- Line interior.
- Fit sill and architraves.
Articles are correct at the time of publication but may have since become outdated.