Green roofs are slowly breaking into the New Zealand market. Some of the issues and cost benefits are discussed here.
Showing results 1-10 of 15
An energy audit at Remuera Intermediate School also investigated the potential of photovoltaics to give the school an independent energy supply and income from feeding surplus electricity into the grid.
If you live in an historic home, any energy efficiency improvements need to be in keeping with the character of the house.
BRANZ is currently updating the House insulation guide to align with the new requirements of the 5th edition of Building Code clause H1 Energy efficiency.
Cost considerations often drive choices when building a property, but thinking more broadly from project design to material specification can be worth its weight in gold.
The second in a series looking at how current New Zealand building regulations for energy efficiency compare to those elsewhere measures New Zealand against Australia.
We insulate our houses to increase the indoor comfort levels. Yet insulation is often installed with little thought to how important it is to get it right.
Current building designs often incorporate a mixture of construction types – both non-solid (timber-framed) and solid (such as solid timber, concrete or masonry). How is compliance with Clause H1 demonstrated for these designs?
The Canterbury earthquakes have created a one-off opportunity to improve the local housing stock. A new service to support housing upgrades during earthquake repair is being rolled out across Canterbury.
Research organisation Beacon Pathway has shown that installing simple, affordable energy efficient features in a new home can greatly reduce its energy footprint.
- Build 189 : 1 April 2022 (1)
- Build 185 : 1 August 2021 (1)
- Build 181 : 1 December 2020 (1)
- Build 180 : 1 October 2020 (1)
- Build 147 : 1 April 2015 (2)
- Build 139 : 1 December 2013 (1)
- Build 131 : 1 August 2012 (1)
- Build 126 : 1 October 2011 (1)
- Build 113 : 1 August 2009 (1)
- Build 109 : 1 December 2008 (1)
- Build 105 : 1 April 2008 (1)
- Build 104 : 1 February 2008 (1)
- Build 96 : 1 October 2006 (1)
- Build 75 : 1 April 2003 (1)