Build is BRANZ’s flagship magazine and New Zealand’s premier building industry magazine and information resource. Published every 2 months in hard copy and online, its mission is to inform, educate and inspire builders, architects, designers and others to provide better buildings for New Zealanders. Build contains:
- quality practical technical information to enhance building design and construction practice
- impartial findings and advice from independent, unbiased industry research
- information on topical industry issues including changes in the Building Code and standards, new opportunities and trends.
With a proud 40-year history, Build is well known across the building industry. BRANZ is an independent and impartial research, testing and consulting organisation inspiring the building and construction industry to provide better buildings for New Zealanders.
At 31 March 2019, the ABC audited circulation of the hard copy Build was 33,461 copies and the readership nearly 70,000 people right across the building industry.
Complementing this is Build online, which has about 35,000 page views a month.
Build influences decision makers across the building industry, particularly builders, architects, designers and building officials, but also manufacturers, subcontractors, engineers, building suppliers, education providers, building owners and others.
As well as subscribers, Build is sent to members of organisations and associations including:
- New Zealand Certified Builders
- Registered Master Builders Federation
- Licensed Building Practitioners
- Building Levy members
- New Zealand Institute of Architects
- Architectural Designers New Zealand
- Building Officials Institute of New Zealand
- New Zealand Institute of Building
- New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors
- Building and Construction Industry Training Organisation apprentices and many others.
What our readers say
Build magazine carries out regular reader surveys. Comments from respondents in the 2018 Build Readers’ Survey included:
- 'A brilliant publication. Absolute must read.'
- 'Essential reading to keep abreast of the construction industry demands.'
- 'Build is the best publication we receive.'
- 'Great publication for those in the trade.'
- 'An important journal. Always pleased to see it arrive.'
- 'Excellent production with great articles and details.'
- 'Enjoy reading magazine and using Build online to search for previous topics.'
- 'Very interesting, helpful, thought provoking.'
- 'Look forward to receiving Build – keep hard copies for reference.'
- 'Build magazine has always been a must read.'
Cover features for 2020–21
Build 178 June/July 2020 – Resilience / Why science matters
Build 179 August/September 2020 – Building better / Mid-rise housing
Build 180 October/November 2020 – Fire / Ventilation
Build 181 Dec 2020/January 2021 – Healthy buildings / Let's talk building controls
Build 182 February/March 2021 – Low carbon / Durability
Build 183 April/May 2021 – Weathertightness / Building for well being
Build 184 June/July 2021 – NZ built environment / Technology