The BRANZ 2005 House Condition Survey points to many Kiwis still being overly optimistic about the state of their homes, while ignoring basic maintenance. So, despite an overall improvement in the housing stock, many of the old problems persist.
Showing results 1-10 of 15
BRANZ’s latest house condition survey points the way to where improvements could be made to help achieve the goal of warmer, drier and healthier homes for all.
Later this year, the fourth BRANZ House Condition Survey will get underway, providing a snapshot of the state of New Zealand’s houses. This time, the aim is to expand the survey to cover rental properties and more of the country.
The condition of rental houses is typically worse than owner-occupied dwellings, but does that make them less healthy to live in? BRANZ looked at two sets of research programme outcomes to find out.
The cost of maintaining a home can be high, but delaying essential work means it will cost much more in the long term. There’s evidence many properties aren’t being kept up to scratch.
Early results from the latest House Condition Survey indicate the continued presence of mould in over half the properties. This is bad news, as evidence links mould and damp houses with poor health and social wellbeing.
How vulnerable or resilient are our older people likely to be in adverse natural events? BRANZ looked at the homes of our over 65s to find out.
Surveying for the 5-yearly BRANZ House Condition Survey has recently been completed and it seems homeowners are still overly optimistic about the state of their houses.
BRANZ surveys of New Zealand houses over the past 12 years show that, whether it’s a rental or owner-occupied, the condition of many of our properties is below par.
The good news in the latest BRANZ House Condition Survey is that fewer properties are being rated as poor. The bad news is that, overall, rental properties continue to be badly maintained. It’s time to do better.
- Healthy homes (Build 181) (1)
- Comfortable indoor environments (Build 169) (1)
- Maintenance (Build 160) (1)
- Aiming higher (Build 159) (1)
- Healthy houses (Build 156) (1)
- Resilience (Build 148) (1)
- Existing houses (Build 147) (1)
- Maintenance (Build 135) (1)
- Buildings and health (Build 129) (1)
- Maintenance (Build 124) (1)
- Renovation (Build 122) (1)
- Building materials (Build 117) (1)
- Maintenance (Build 96) (1)
- Build 181 : 1 December 2020 (1)
- Build 169 : 1 December 2018 (1)
- Build 161 : 1 August 2017 (1)
- Build 160 : 1 June 2017 (1)
- Build 159 : 1 April 2017 (1)
- Build 156 : 1 October 2016 (1)
- Build 148 : 1 June 2015 (1)
- Build 147 : 1 April 2015 (1)
- Build 135 : 1 April 2013 (1)
- Build 129 : 1 April 2012 (2)
- Build 124 : 1 June 2011 (1)
- Build 122 : 1 February 2011 (1)
- Build 117 : 1 April 2010 (1)
- Build 96 : 1 October 2006 (1)